Being digitally literate is one of the most valuable skills a young child can have in the 21st Century. Code.org highlights that 90-percent of parents want their children to study computer science for this reason. Historically, learning to code has been tedious and uninteresting to kids. Piper was founded to offer a more effective way to teach kids how computers work and how to learn coding in a fun and engaging way that builds confidence for a life time of success with technology.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. 1GB RAM. 1.2 GHz Quad Core 64 bit CPU
- 9” LCD display with HDMI cable
- 7800mAh rechargeable battery
- Integrated speaker with amplifier and external volume control
- 16GB MicroSD card including 20+ Piper 3D Story Mode levels, Piper Code projects, and more
- Software updating capabilities (requires WIFI connection)
- USB Mouse
- Micro USB charging cable and wall charger
- 20+ electronic components including breadboards, buttons, switches, LED lights, buzzers, and 25 jumper wires
- 8 square foot laminated blueprint with visuals for assembly
- 25+ laser-etched wooden and acrylic pieces
- 50+ hardware pieces
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- BUILD YOUR OWN COMPUTER: Kit includes everything your child needs to build their own fully functioning computer from start to finish. Solve puzzles in Raspberry Pi edition of Minecraft and continue to build power-ups in the game through physical controls, switches, buttons, & lights. No technical knowledge required!
- HANDS ON STEM LEARNING: Once the computer is built, kids progress to a guided series of fun and engaging challenges. Using Minecraft Raspberry Pi Edition kids make their way through a secret mission as they attach wires and connect electronic components to progress within the game. Instant feedback makes learning exciting and enjoyable!
- LEARN TO CODE: Kids learn the basics of coding with 11 progressively challenging projects based on Google Blockly’s easy drag-and-drop visual programming language. PiperCode helps kids gain confidence through accomplishing tangible, physical tasks through coding.
- CREATED FOR KIDS AGES 7-13: Built to be simple enough for beginners so that once kids learn the foundations they can advance to more challenging coding projects. Once your child is ready, they can progress to the pre-loaded Python programming language ensuring years of use and fun!
- NEW & IMPROVED: Piper Computer Kit 2 features an integrated build-it-yourself speaker and amplifier, graphics explode on the screen with the new 9” monitor with a 1024×600 screen resolution, re-engineered structure for multi-rebuilds, reusable carrying case and more educational coding challenges than ever before!