What is Veterinary Science
Veterinary Science is the branch of medicine that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease, disorder and injury in non-human animals. Veterinary science helps human health through the monitoring and control of zoonotic disease (infectious disease transmitted from non-human animals to humans), food safety, and indirectly through human applications from basic medical research.
List of Veterinary Science Occupations
Veterinarians care for the health of animals and work to improve public health. They diagnose, treat, and research medical conditions and diseases of pets, livestock, and other animals.
$88,490/yr, $42.54/hr, Growth 9%
Veterinary assistants look after animals in laboratories, animal hospitals, and clinics. They care for the animals by performing routine tasks under the supervision of scientists, veterinarians, and veterinary technologists and technicians.
$24,360/yr, $11.71/hr, Growth 9%
Veterinary technologists and technicians perform medical tests under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian to assist in diagnosing the injuries and illnesses of animals.
$31,800/yr, $15.29/hr, Growth 19%
Universities offering Veterinary Science
- UC Davis – Veterinary Medicine
- Cornell University – College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of London – Royal Veterinary Collage
- University of Guelph – Ontario Veterinary Collage
- Utrecht University – Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Texas A & M – Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- The University of Sydney – Faculty of Veterinary Science
- University of Copenhagen – School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona – Facultat De Veterinaria
- Ludwig Maximilians Universität – München – Tierärztliche Fakultät
- Universidade de São Paulo – Faculdade de Medicina Veterinária e Zootecnia
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute
- National Dairy Research Institute, India
- Seoul National University – College of Veterinary Medicine
- Nanjing Agriculture University – College of Veterinary Medicine